Good Neighbors, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, is Bandon’s community food bank, serving the area for over 25 years.
LOCATION AND HOURS
- The monthly distribution is at the Lion's shed beside the Barn from 9:00 a.m. to Noon on the first Tuesday of each month.
- We also serve families on call. Contact us if you need special assistance.
- acquiring and distributing food to needy individuals and families in the geographic area of Bandon, Oregon
- Good Neighbors is an all volunteer organization.
- It is currently housed in the Lion's shed beside the Barn Community Center in Bandon City Park. The shed is currently used for both food storage and distribution.
- Good Neighbors receives food from the Oregon Food Bank, South Coast Food Share, and donations and purchases locally.
- On average, about 165 families a month are served.
- Good Neighbors has been Bandon's community food bank for the last 25 years. It first operated under the tax exempt status of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. In the fall of 2003, the church determined that they could no longer provide oversight and the distribution location, Good Neighbors then developed approved by-laws and filed with the Oregon Corporation Commisson and with the Internal Revenue Service filed for its own tax exempt status. It moved to its present location, and has, as of Sept. 15, 2003, operated with a tax ID no. 93-1168677.
P. O. Box 566, Bandon, OR 97411
|Keith Young, President||Phone: 541.347.3268|
|John Hubbard, Treasurer||Phone: 541.347.3573|