COASTAL HARVEST GLEANERS
The Variety Show held on Saturday, October 2, 2010 was a great fundraising success. Thank you, Bandon, for all your support. Click here for more information.COASTAL HARVEST GLEANERS
- to provide opportunities for lower income citizens and volunteers to build community food security through gleaning, community gardening, advocacy and other community building activities.
- to provide the opportunity for "every one" of our members to actively participate, donating their time and resources, to further our efforts. We give a hand up, not just a hand out.
- to create a network of people by which food, that may otherwise be wasted or tilled under, is recovered and distributed by and for our members.
- to distribute weekly supplemental groceries and, for those that need it, firewood.
- Coastal Harvest is a gleaning organization that was started in the summer of 2003 to help low income people with food security.
- Those interested in joining are asked to give up to eight hours a month in volunteer service in exchange for a box of food each Wednesday. “We give a ‘hand up,’ not just a ‘hand out’ to low income people living in the Bandon area and up to 15 miles outside of city limits,”
- Coastal Harvest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is a part of the South Coast Food Share network, under the Oregon Food Bank and is an equal opportunity provider.
*quoted from Bandon Western World article, June 2010.